Derry Borough Council will accept letters of interest for the following positions:
On April 30th 2014 almost forty people attended the Community Visioning Session for the Derry Area including officials, business owners, DARCee members, professionals, and community residents. The goal of the session was to prioritize objectives for our communities and to obtain a mission and vision statement for the area.
The attendees came up with "To Promote a Small Town feel with Urban Opportunities and Business Growth including Recreation while fostering Community Involvement" for Derry and New Alexandria area.
Three prioritized goals for one of the groups were the following:
- Develop Porcelain Park
- Develop Small Business and Residential Housing
- Develop interlinking trails for hiking, biking and waterways creating a more developed recreation area.
Objectives to move forward with were:
- New Alexandria to Keystone Park Trail including planning, grant acquisition, and fundraising.
- Educate DARCee's Vision through Community Events such as Concerts in Mossback Park, DARCee Fishing Event to be held Saturday June 21, 2014, an upcoming fundraising Softball Tournament, and expand attendance at DARCee meetings with increase resident involvement.
- Market Porcelain Park as locomotive logistics as an asset.
DARCee welcomes new members to the organization and holds their meetings the fourth Wednesday of every month rotating municipality locations. Please contact Derry Borough, Derry Township, or the New Alexandria office for more information if you would like to attend an upcoming meeting.